In view of the current situation with the Covid-19, the ability to book face-to-face appointments online has been temporarily suspended as advised by Public Health England and National Guidance.
We are pleased to offer online services at https://www.patientaccess.com/
New online services patients can register immediately online for a basic account here, which will give you access to the appointment bookings only. You will then need to be verified the next time you visit. To register for a full online services account please complete an online services registration form and show your photo ID to our receptionists.
Reception will then be able to provide you with a Linkage Key and/or you will receive an email from ‘YourHealthCareProvider.co.uk’ (N.B. this is an email address name, not a website) with details to link an account to your medical record.
Online services registration forms and more information can be found at http://www.sidcupmedicalcentre.co.uk/doitonline.aspx and reception. With a full online account you can manage your healthcare at any time by:
- Booking and cancelling an appointment
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
- Viewing your medical summary including medications, allergies, immunisations and problems
- Updating your contact details with us
- Please note: Each patient that registers for online services requires their own email address. Shared email addresses can only be used to register one person.
It’s easy to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online, at home or on your smartphone/tablet device. Please complete the online services registration form, and bring to the surgery with some photo ID (such as a passport or driving licence) and one of our staff can register you for the service.
Once we’ve registered you at the practice, you will receive an email you need to complete registration online. The 'Patient Access' help page for registration is available here.
Alternatively you can register for a basic account here. A basic account will allow you to book appointments but you still need to bring photo ID to the surgery to upgrade to a full account to order repeat medications.
If you are already registered, you can simply log-in to the online services website using your unique username and password – created when you registered.
GP online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, so it can often be easier and more convenient than a phone call or making a special journey to our practice. Occasionally you may find www.patientaccess.com unavailable due to essential maintenance. This is frequently scheduled for around 10pm in the evening. If you encounter a 'Practice is Currently Unavailable' message please try again at a different time.
You can also request access to online services on behalf of somebody you care for.
Why you should register for online services?
- Save yourself a phone call – logging online to book an appointment takes just a minute
- It’s easier to order your repeat prescriptions – you don't need to journey to the practice or wait around on the phone, you can see which repeat prescriptions need to be ordered and only order the ones that you need
- It’s more convenient for you – online services are available 24/7, every day of the year so you don't need to wait until the GP practice is open
- You can also update your demographic details – including telephone numbers and email addresses to make sure that you receive reminders and information from your practice
Find out more
More information about registering for online services can be found in this leaflet, on the NHS Choices website or from Patient Access Support Section.